If a learner requires a break in their learning then these have to be recorded in the Individualised Learner Record (ILR).
Where to find the break in learning information for advanced learner loans
The documents containing information for Advanced learner loans breaks in learning are:
- Advanced learner loans funding rules on page 17, and paragraphs 77 to 79
- Provider support manual which is a guide to making ILR data returns during the 2019 to 2020 funding year. With pages 57 to 58, and paragraphs 424 to 430 covering breaks in learning
- ILR specification 2019 to 2020 which provides data definitions important for breaks in learning. Pages covering breaks in learning are:
- Employment outcome: Data not returned (page. 143)
- Completion status: 6, Learner has temporarily withdrawn from the aim due to an agreed break in learning (page. 144)
- Learning actual end date: Date of last learning activity for the aim (page. 145)
- Outcome: 3, No achievement (page. 148)
If you have a specific query about a section or paragraph in these documents, please include this in your query via our enquiry form.