Our funding documents set out the rules for publicly funded colleges, training organisations, local authorities and employer-providers that offer education and skills training.
There are different rules published for each type of funding:
- Adult Education Budget (AEB) funding rules
Sets out the rules that apply to ESFA funded AEB provision for the 2020 to 2021 funding year.
- Advanced learner loans funding rules
Sets out the rules for provision funded by learners through advanced learner loans
- Apprenticeship Funding Rules
There are different funding rules for different apprenticeship start dates. You must follow the funding rules that apply to each apprentice.
- European Social Fund (ESF) funding rules
Sets out the rules for funding the 2014 to 2020 ESF programme
- Rules and guidance for using 16 to 19 formula funding allocated by ESFA
Guidance documents that all education institutions receiving 16 to 19 formula funding must comply with.
If you have a specific query about funding rules, please include any relevant information such as the ruleset and rule in your query through our enquiry form.