Individualised Learner Record (ILR) data must be returned according to the data collection timetable.
What the ILR timetable sets out
The ILR timetable includes:
- the return date by which you must send complete data for the purposes described in the timetable
- the data uses and purpose of the return
- which types of providers need to send data for each return
Key data return dates in the ILR timetable
The return date in the timetable is the hard close date for including data in the national database for that return and represents the last opportunity to send data for each return.
- R01 – 06 September 2022
- R02 – 06 October 2022
- R03 – 04 November 2022
- R04 – 06 December 2022 (reference date 01 November 2022)
- R05 – 06 January 2023
- R06 – 06 February 2023 (reference date 01 January 2023)
- R07 – 06 March 2023
- R08 – 06 April 2023
- R09 – 05 May 2023
- R10 – 06 June 2023 (reference date 01 May 2023)
- R11 – 06 July 2023
- R12 – 04 August 2023
- R13 – 14 September 2023 (reference date 31 July 2023)
- R14 – 19 October 2023 (reference date 31 July 2023)
You must ensure that the data is returned by 6pm on the return date.
Where the timetable includes a ‘reference date’ for any return, your ILR data must accurately describe all provision delivered up to and including this date.
You may include data for provision delivered after the reference date. For returns that do not have a reference date, you must return new starters, leavers and changes in a timely way.
If you have a specific query, please use our enquiry form.