In preparation for R14, this article contains information for providers to enable their employers to successfully claim Traineeship incentive payments, including:
- key dates
- a checklist for work placement aims
- how to deal with common errors
- Providers must ensure that all their Traineeship data relating to employer incentive payments up to and including 31 July 2022 is contained in their R14 data set.
- Providers must ensure that data is correct and uploaded to Submit Learner Data on or before 21 October 2022.
- The Traineeship employer incentive scheme will end on 31 July 2022. This means that employers can only make an incentive payment claim for work placements completed on or before 31 July 2022 which have reached the minimum duration of 70 hours.
Checklist for work placement aims
Please use the following checklist to ensure records for employers claiming incentives payments are correct:
Must be recorded as ZWRKX001
Has a start date
Has an end date on or before 31 July 2022
Should not be less than a 2 week period
Shows a minimum duration of 70 hours
Contains an employer identifier
Includes a recorded Delivery location postcode field (DelLocPostCode) which is given to the employer
Completion status is recorded as 2 - the learner has completed the learning activities leading to the learning aim
Dealing with common errors
Two of the most common errors employers may experience when making a claim are postcode errors and date errors. Here is some information on why these may be appearing and how to rectify them.
Postcode errors - data not matching ILR records
- The postcode must be the location of the employer where the learner undertook their work placement and the same as recorded in the ILR
- the work placement record should not be the providers postcode
- Where learners have completed work placement activities with multiple employers, each employer must have their own record
Date errors – incorrect or incomplete dates recorded
- There should be no missing dates
- The employer can only claim an incentive after the date of the completion
- The end date of the work placement should not contain a future planned end date
Check that the employer has logged the same information on their claim form that is recorded in your ILR, that is:
- Unique learner number (ULN)
- Delivery location postcode for the work placement
- Learner name
- Work placement reaches 70 hours or above and is completed before or on 31 July 2022
Please encourage your employers to claim their incentive payment as soon as possible as any issues raised after R14 may result in the payment being delayed.
Employers making a claim should register using the Traineeship employer incentive registration start form.
Some useful resources for the process are:
For further support employers can contact 08000 150 600 and choose option 1 followed by option 2, or send an email to email@example.com
If you have a specific query about Traineeship Incentives, please contact us using our enquiry form.