information about how you use ‘Get help with ESFA services’. We use this information to make the
website work as well as possible and improve government services.
You have accepted all cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any
This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.
Created 19 April 2021 16:07
We have just noticed on the LRS for a new apprentice that has started that they have done 10 months on exactly the same apprenticeship (Business Administrator) they are looking to sign up to but with a different training provider 2 years ago.
They are saying that during the apprenticeship they were barely seen by the training provider and barely did any of their apprenticeship and so hasn't actually learnt that much to discount from an initial assessment.
Are we able to base the initial assessment on what the learner has said and deduct the apprenticeship by what they say they have learnt or should they be deducted the 10 months therefore meaning the apprenticeship would be no way near the minimum length?
No one has replied to this post.
The outcome of initial assessment must include prior learning, this would result with the training the Learner requires (content, length of programme and costing).
As this is a restart the time previously on programme is immaterial excepting it will limit the available funding to the CAP in which case the employer would have to co-invest any training cost over the CAP.
20 April 2021 08:58
So in other words, we would have to deduct the 10 months from the £5000 maximum on the Standard and then following our initial assessment then charge the employer the additional amount.
So for instance if, following an initial assessment the apprenticeship is £4600 (hypothetically) then we would have to deduct 10 months of payments (£5000 / 18 (months) = 277.78 x 10 (months already done on programme) = £2777.78. The employer would then have to contribute the £2777.78 and we would get the £1822.22 from the ESFA?.
Sorry if I am completely wrong I have just never come across this situation before.
20 April 2021 09:36
It would not be £277.78 per month as the programme payments are 80% of the funding the other 20% is held back for completion.
20 April 2021 10:15
Thank you for your response and yes of course so remembering the 20% is held back is the rest of what I have said correct?
20 April 2021 12:11