Ben James

Surname difference on certificates


If a candidate is unable to produce what we might consider 'evidence' of a difference in surname because they had to submit their marriage certificate when they got divorced and do not have another copy, and the ESFA have been less than helpful in terms of what they might consider suitable alternatives.. do you imagine a signed statement from the candidate in question would be 'robust' enough, if for instance it was countersigned by their employer?


No one has replied to this post.

Ruth Canham-James

We have a self-declaration form for this. Most Awarding Organisations accept that, but watch out for some of the small ones, they can be really funny about it. The legality of them being difficult is questionable, as your "legal" name in the UK is the one you commonly use.

Ben James

Thanks Ruth Canham-James! Appreciate the response.