Yvonne Quinn

Learner re-doing FS after a few years


Hi All

If a learner's PLR shows that they already have GCSE or FS level 2, but this was a number of years ago and their initial assessment is showing lower.  Can we get funding for the learner?

Also, is there a set number of years where you could say skills gaps have developed?



No one has replied to this post.


Short answer is no, you can only get money where they need to gain the qualification and they already have it. There is no time limit on the validity of these quals, regardless of what an initial assessment may say.

Having said that, I'm sure our friends at Ofsted would be keen to see you improving every learners' English and Maths skills (you just aint going to get paid to do it!)

Yvonne Quinn

Thanks Steve, that is what I thought