Government Scheme - Updating GCSE?


Good morning all,

We have had a query come through regarding a Government scheme that funds GCSE updating if someone is on a University Course.

Is anyone aware of this?

Ive looked in the AEB funding rules and cant see anything so wondered if it was a new scheme.

Thank you


No one has replied to this post.

Martin West

No, the current AEB rules are specific in 80. We will not fund:

80.6. a learner to repeat the same regulated qualification where they have previously achieved it, unless it is for any GCSE where the learner has not achieved grade 4 (C) or higher

80.7. a learner to sit or resit a learning aim assessment or examination where no extra learning takes place