Helen Wilshaw

Ukraine Help for Homes Scheme - Apprenticeship


Hi, we received an enquiry regarding a young lady being housed under the Ukraine Help for Homes Scheme and she wants to do an Apprenticeship.  They are currently applying for a National Insurance Number for her.  My question is, is this a possibility or is there any guidance which will answer my question.  Thanks in advance.


No one has replied to this post.

Martin West

From the funding rules:

P364 Any individual with any of the statuses listed below, is eligible to receive funding and is exempt from the three-year residency requirement rule. You must have seen the individual’s immigration permission (see paragraph P332.2 in these circumstances:

P364.1 refugee status;

P364.2 discretionary leave to enter or remain;

P364.3 exceptional leave to enter or remain;

P364.4 indefinite leave to enter or remain;

P364.5 humanitarian protection;

P364.6 leave outside the rules;

P364.7 Ukraine Family Scheme

P364.8 Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme (Homes for Ukraine)

P364.9 Ukraine Extension Scheme

P364.10 Afghan locally engaged staff under the intimidation policy;